Statement of Commitment
The City of Canada Bay is a Child Safe Community that recognises and advocates for the rights of children and young people. We aim to reduce the likelihood of harm to children, to increase the likelihood of identifying and reporting harm and respond appropriately to disclosures, allegations or suspicions of harm.
Specifically, we all must:
- Treat Children and Young People with respect and be a positive role model
- Communicate with Children and Young People in an age appropriate and realistic manner.
- Set clear boundaries about appropriate behaviour between you and a Child or Young Person.
- Avoid any unnecessary physical contact with a Child or Young Person.
- Be willing to listen and respond appropriately to a Child or Young Person’s views and concerns.
- Respond quickly, fairly and transparently to any serious complaints made by a Child and Young Person or related to a Child or Young Person. See FDLC's procedure
- Report any misconduct or inappropriate behaviour by other City of Canada Bay Council employees to their supervisor.
- Report any suspicions based on reasonable grounds that a child or young person is at risk of significant harm to the Child Protection Helpline on 132 111.
Crisis Numbers and Helplines
If ever you need more information, support or to speak to someone you can find services and numbers at this webiste https://www.facs.nsw.gov.au/about/contact/helplines
- Child Safe Policy Manual
- Child Safe Reporting Procedure
- Child Safe Family Handbook - coming soon
- City of Canada Bay Council Policies
- Gymnastics Australia Child Safe Policy
- Children and Young persons feedback form
- Fitness Australia Code of Ethical Conduct
- SAFE Series Resources for parents and children