Player Code of Conduct
By registering in Concord Oval Recreation Centre (CORC) or Five Dock Leisure Centre (FDLC) sporting competitions, you agree that as per the Player Code of Conduct, you will:
- Play by the CORC/FDLC competition rules, and never argue with an official. If you disagree with a decision, you will inform the captain or CORC/FDLC’s staff after the game.
- Demonstrate a duty of care towards everyone at CORC/FDLC.
- Display a high level of maturity. Understand that verbal abuse of officials and other players, and deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent are not acceptable or permitted behaviours in any sport.
- Understand that CORC/FDLC has a zero-tolerance policy on any behaviour deemed to be excessively aggressive or anti-social.
- Be a good sport and applaud all good plays whether they are made by your own team or the opposition.
- Treat all players in the sport as you like to be treated. You will not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
- Cooperate with your coach, teammates and opponents, and display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit, not just to please parents and coaches.
- Ensure your decisions and actions contribute to a safe environment.
- Will not arrive at the CORC/FDLC under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team and thank the opposition and officials at the end of the game.
Sign up for our newsletter
Stay up to date with the latest news from the City of Canada Bay's recreation centres.