Men's Thursday Evening Basketball Competition - NOMINATIONS CLOSED
Want to play with new hoops, backboards & shot clocks?
Take your game to the next level with FDLC's exciting basketball competition!
Enter a team into our Thursday night men's competition and gear up for exciting rounds of social basketball.
(Please note: 16 & 17 year olds can sign up with parent/guardian consent)
Our basketball competition allows teams to enjoy the competition without having to do any bench duty. We organise all umpires for the season so you don't have to worry about scoreboard or timing duties!
Thursday Evening Mens - NOMINATIONS CLOSED
Dates: Thursday 14th April 2022 - Thursday 30th June 2022 (Semi Finals Thursday 7th July and Grand Finals Thursday 14th July)
Number of Rounds: 12 Rounds + Finals
Team Nomination Fee: $30
Player Registration: $29.50
Team Season Fee: $1,332 ($111 per game for 12 Rounds)
FDLC Basketball - Bylaws CLICK HERE
How To Enter A Team
New Competition Starting August 2022 - Details TBA in July
Team Nomination Form: CLICK HERE
To enter a team please fill out the nomination form and either hand into reception or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Team season fees to be paid as one up-front payment at reception before the start of the first game. All individual player registrations are paid through each players account separately at reception (This must be done in person at reception, as an ID photo will be attached to the players account).
Nominations are accepted on a first-in-first-serve basis; competition spots are limited.
PLEASE NOTE: Our competitions are designed for you to 'form and bring a team'. If you are unable to form a team but would still like to play please send your details to email@example.com and we will do our best to accommodate you with any team that is in need of players.
Player Code of Conduct
By registering in FDLC's sporting competitions, you agree that as per the player code of conduct, you will:
Play by the FDLC competition rules, and never argue with an official. If you disagree with a decision you will inform the captain or Five Dock Leisure Centre staff after the game
- Demonstrate a duty of care towards everyone at the Five Dock Leisure Centre including following FDLC’s Covid-19 safe plan & protocols.
- Display a high level of maturity. Understand that verbal abuse of officials and other players, and deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent are not acceptable or permitted behaviours in any sport.
- Understand that Five Dock Leisure Centre has a zero tolerance policy on any behaviour deemed to be excessively aggressive or anti-social.
- Be a good sport and applaud all good plays whether they are made by my team or the opposition.
- Treat all players in my sport as you like to be treated. You will not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
- Cooperate with my coach, teammates and opponents, and display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit, not just to please parents and coaches.
- Ensure your decisions and actions contribute to a safe environment.
- Will not arrive at the Five Dock Leisure Centre under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team, and thank the opposition and officials at the end of the game
Sunday Casual Basketball (5:15pm - 7pm)
Casual basketball at FDLC is a great way to get a few shots up or play some half-court/full court basketball.
- Please wait in the designated area at the front of the Centre until 5:10pm.
- Participants must be over 16yrs of age to attend.
- Please ensure all participants read the information regarding playing indoor sport at FDLC during Covid-19 above.
Total booking numbers are currently restricted and online bookings are highly recommended ahead of time to avoid disappointment. (email firstname.lastname@example.org for login/pin number and instructions on how to book online)
Please ensure you read and adhere to the below house rules to ensure the court time is shared fairly.
- Casual stadium entry price $8.20 (no cash payment)
- Casual stadium 10 visit pass $69.00 (no cash payment)
- Casual Stadium off peak entry price $5.00 (entry between 5:30am - 9am monday to friday).
- Casual Stadium concession entry price $6.00 (valid concession ID required)
House rules CLICK HERE
Casual Basketball Court Hire
Please ensure all participants read the information regarding playing indoor sport at FDLC during Covid-19 above.
The basketball courts are available for casual hire at the following rates:
Monday to Friday: $77 per hour; $52.50 per hour off-peak (Mon-Fri 5:30am - 9:00am) (no cash payment)
Weekend (Minimum 2hrs hire) $88 per hour (weekend rates) upon email request.
To make a casual booking, please contact reception on 9911 6300 or book online.
*There is a 48hr cancelation policy with casual basketball court hire.
Playing Basketball at FDLC
Do not attend any sport if you are unwell and experiencing symptoms such as a cough, sore throat, fever, fatigue or shortness of breath.
FDLC will be providing sanitiser stations throughout the centre. There are two units located at the entry to the stadium (sports courts).
Please bring your own full drink bottle (please use plastic, no glass bottles are allowed) and towel.
Please bring your own clean basketball. FDLC will not be hiring/loaning out basketballs.
Please email email@example.com if you have any questions, feedback or suggestions.