Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 5 eggs
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 400g peeled and grated carrot, sweet potato or pumpkin
- 1½ cups drained canned corn kernels or frozen peas
- 1 medium brown onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- ¾ cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- green side salad, to serve
- Preheat fan forced oven 180ºC
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl, season with black pepper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients except tomato.
- Add eggs and stir mixture until well combined.
- Line a large baking dish with oil or baking paper.
- Pour in zucchini mix and flatten with a spoon.
- Cover with tomato slices arranged in a single layer.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
- Rest in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting into slices.
Full recipe and image source: Healthier Queensland