Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 70g (1/3 cup) tri-colour quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 60g (1/3 cup) cracked freekeh
- 350g broccoli, trimmed, cut into orets
- 145g (1 cup) frozen shelled edamame
- 200g tomato medley mix, halved
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves (plus extra to serve)
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- 70g (1/2 cup) blueberries
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread chickpeas over prepared tray. Spray lightly with oil. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa and freekeh in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Place broccoli and edamame in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water. Cover and steam for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
- Combine the cooked grains, broccoli, edamame, tomato, radish, mint and pepitas in a large bowl. Season.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients (vinegar, oil and maple syrup) in a small bowl. Add the dressing to the salad and gently toss to combine.
- To serve, add roasted chickpeas, blueberries and left over mint leaves on top.
Full recipe and image source: Taste Australia