- 250 grams can chickpeas
- ½ ripe avocado
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup pitted olive
- 1/2 cup sun- dried tomato, chopped (You could soak the sundried tomatoes in boiling water for about 5-10 minutes until soft)
- ¼ spring onion, chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon herb season salt
Place the cabbage, chickpeas, olives, sundried tomatoes and avocado into a large bowl.
- Blend spring onions, parsley, salt and olive oil.
- Pour over salad ingredients.
A Note from Em
This salad is a great dish which is filling and nutritional. Chick peas are a great source of protein and fibre which also contain several key vitamins and minerals. Want more protein? Add some poached chicken, salmon or even some cottage cheese and you have a complete and fulfilling lunch or dinner.