Futsal is one of the world’s most exciting sports to play and watch. Its fast paced action and skills is an ideal way to improve a player’s football skills. In fact, it is the only form of 'indoor football/soccer' or 'five-a-side' that is officially approved by FIFA and Football Federation Australia. It's one of the fastest growing sports in the world, is played in over 100 countries and boasts millions of players worldwide.
As the Futsal ball has low bounce qualities it spends much more time on the floor which is excellent for development of skills and ball control. The smaller area in which the game is played demands quick decision making, movements off the ball and intensity. Because of these characteristics, soccer coaches are starting to run Futsal sessions for juniors and even professional soccer teams.
FDLC hosts a variety of futsal competitions from Men’s, women’s, mixed, junior boys and junior girls to cater to all your futsal needs.
Men’s, women's and mixed 2017/18 summer season - Monday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings
Junior boys 2017/18 summer season - Thursday and Friday evenings
- Summer season competitions starts Thursday 12th and Friday 13th October, and will run until February 2018
- Season match fee to be paid upfront
- Player registration fee = $50 (Oct - Feb, 2018)
- No games on public holidays (Friday 26th January)
- Match times fall between 4:00pm-7:00pm
- Ages 7, 9, 11's and under
- Season fees are $812 for 14 rounds
- Match times fall between 4:00pm-9:30pm
- Ages 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and under
- Season fees are $754 for 13 rounds